Thursday, June 20

the roof

On Sunday night, Dylan asked if he could come explore the roof of our building the next day in search of an epic sky-high photo of Joburg. Mart and I were already keen, so we heartily agreed!

To get to the roof, you have to take the elevator to the 16th floor and climb the flight of stairs in front of you. Then you make your way to the top of the laundromat - being careful to avoid the rusty ladders, the broken glass, the abandoned bottles of vodka and, of course, falling off a building.

Perils aside, once we were up there it was great! Dyl gave Mart a camera and some tips, and gave me an iPhone with an olloclip. Here is some of the fun I got up to while the boys took real photos:


dyl looking for the perfect shot
me and the gorgeous

We also tried some jumping photos. Here's a great one I got of Mart:

from my instagram (@judy42)

And here's a great one he got of me (and Dyl):

belly and all


Dyl and Mart probably got some great shots of the roof from their nice cameras - maybe they'll let me upload those sometime. I love exploring, and I'm so glad we found this quiet escape above the skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment